EMPLOYMENT LAW TRAINING AND EMPLOYMENT LAW CONSULTANCY
Recruitment and Selection - The Legal Aspects
One Day / Optional Second Day to cover interviewing skills
This Workshop reviews the important legal background to the recruitment and selection process. It follows a practical, logical path, covering advertising, applications, short listing, interviewing, references and medicals.
There is also a review of the contract of employment and offer of employment. Group exercises and case studies are used to emphases important legal points in areas such as sex, race, disability discrimination and age discrimination.
An essential day for anyone involved in advertising, short listing or interviewing for staff, both internally and externally. An optional second day can provide interview practice sessions. Outline programme below:
- The Legal Framework
- Codes of practice affecting recruitment
- A review of Discrimination Law - Race, Sex, Disability and other forms of discrimination explained. Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and criminal records. The Asylum and Immigration Act
- Advertising, Application forms, CV's and Testing
- Selecting the right candidate - using job descriptions and person specifications
- Short listing and Interviewing - some "Do's and Don'ts"!
- Withdrawing offers of employment - the legal consequences
- Data Protection issues
- References and Medicals