EMPLOYMENT LAW TRAINING AND EMPLOYMENT LAW CONSULTANCY
Handling Tribunal Claims
For HR Managers or Line Managers who will be involved in the Employment Tribunal processes. The workshop can be adapted to cover a full day, half day or provided as individual coaching sessions for managers faced with a tribunal appearance in the near future.
By the end of this workshop, delegates will be able to:
- Identify the key issues to consider before any claim is issued to protect the Company’s position
- Draft the Tribunal Response form ET3 – knowing what to include and what to leave out
- Carry out good case preparation
- Manage claims through the Case Management Discussion process
- Understand negotiation issues (including mediation); compromise agreements – when to consider settling and a guide to achieving agreement.
- Prepare witness statements and the content of a good trial bundle
- Prepare for the hearing, briefing witnesses.
- Know how to deliver evidence, understand cross examination and re-examination of witnesses
- Know how an Employment Tribunal approaches the hearing of a case. What do they want to know?
- Understand schedules of loss - unfair dismissal compensation: contributory fault, duty to mitigate and Polkey, general principles, future losses, wrongful dismissal, benefits and allowances, recoupment, tax
- Estimate possible additional remedies in discrimination cases: personal injury and injury to feelings