EMPLOYMENT LAW TRAINING AND EMPLOYMENT LAW CONSULTANCY
Handling Discipline, Dismissal and Grievance
One or Two Day Options
Major change is taking place which has significant implications for handling discipline and dismissal.
Around half of all Tribunal cases involve unfair dismissal claims. This very practical Workshop covers the key elements of discipline, grievance handling and particularly dismissal.
The Workshop introduces the law but also focuses on "best practice" in handling disciplinary problems. Compensation for unfair dismissal can now exceed £60,000. Compensation for discrimination is unlimited.
This Workshop is vital for those handling disciplinary matters. Outline programme below:
- Avoiding problems - standards, policies and procedures. The ACAS Code
- Grievance procedures - best practice
- Handling disciplinary situations - Preparation and holding hearings, formal or informal?, issuing warnings (practical exercises)
- Dealing with difficult issues - ill health (Inc stress), gross misconduct, offences outside work, redundancy
- Dismissal - Getting it right, fair dismissal explained. Automatically unfair dismissals
- Dealing with Appeals
- The Tribunal system - a brief overview